When the customer contracts the eLEMENT@ service, he is provided a token, and the initial PIN (Personal Identification Number) is delivered by mail. Such initial PIN must be changed the first time the token is used and the new PIN is used every time the token is used.
Changing the initial PIN
- Switch on the token by pressing key
- The token generates the following message "_ _ _ _ PIN"
- Enter the initial PIN delivered to you by the Bank
- After correctly entered initial PIN, the message "_ _ _ _ NEW PIN" appears on the screen
- Enter your new 4-digit PIN which MUST be different than the initial PIN
- Message "_ _ _ _ PIN CONF" appears on the screen
- Enter your PIN again
- After the correctly entered new PIN, message "NEW PIN CONF", appears on the screen, which means that the initial PIN was successfully changed.
- Message "APPLI -", shows on the screen, and further use of the token is described below.
When choosing your PIN, you should avoid simple and common combinations (such as 1234, 5555, your date of birth, your car registration plates and so on). Once you change your initial PIN delivered by the Bank into your new PIN, the first is no longer valid. It is recommended not to write your PIN down anywhere, and especially not on the token. Your PIN is known only to you and you should not disclose it to anyone because all responsibility for possible unauthorised use lies with you.
If you happen to type a wrong digit whilst entering your PIN, you can simply delete it by pressing , which enables you to continue. If you still enter the wrong PIN, or wrong initial PIN, message "FAIL x" will appear on the screen (where x is the incorrect digit you entered). By pressing key enable another attempt to enter the correct PIN. In case of three consecutive incorrect PINs, message "LOCK PIN" and a sequence of 7 digits appears on the screen. This way the token raises own protection against unauthorised use. In that case, it is necessary to call the Contact Centre of OTP bank (helpdesk) on 072-201-555. To identify yourself you will be required to provide the "SECRET PASSWORD" that you chose as such on your Application Form on the occasion of contracting the Internet banking service.